Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Fan Story

My room's ceiling fan has become a major part of my life now. The erratic machine which is supposed to work on my command has due to some mechanical fault become akin to a female's mood....(i.e., a random function),,, which mostly is off but has sudden spurts of HIGHS ,, HIGHS which makes one feel that for once everything is well OR in presently popular terminology makes you falsely believe that "All Iz Well". Anyhow, lethargic as I am, I've not even as much as thought about calling an electrician once.

Its been over 1 and a half month now. My dad came to Bangalore and it became a hot topic for discussion between me, my dad and one of my friends. We by virtue of being mechanical engineers had a lively discussion about the cause and the solution for the same. Though the discussion yielded no solution we unanimously agreed that the problem was with the bearing. All said and done its been nearly a week since my dad went back and the situation with the fan is still the same.

Just to elucidate my point, while I am typing this entry, the fan is staring at me basking in its glory,,, its glory in denying me an airy and cool feeling which one desires intently at this hot time of the year (and as pointed out by pple who've been in b'lore - it really is HOT). The sweat pouring down my head suffices as evidence for the same, with the only respite being the intermittently blowing breeze,,, but thanks to our very own NAALA another important entity around which my life revolves, the smell that emanates at times can b near fatal ,, ;)

I utilize all sorts of things, e.g., guitar, hangers etc. to force the bearings into action but sooner or later ( later = sooner in this case) the terminal position is reached whereby after nagging for a short interval, I give up and come to terms with the fact that I have the option of either being lazy or comfortable,,,

But then comfort's for sissies,,, i incessantly let this thought loop inside my mind and make myself derive pride from my laziness or atleast save myself from being in an undesirable position of self-pity.

The reason for writing this blog ,,, no idea ,,, though i just hope things look up again n i get some much needed air circulation in my room ... ;) will keep u posted